Friday, May 13, 2011

PROJECT: Flower Hair Clips

This project is another hair accessory which is perfect to wear with your new warm weather clothes. I first decided to make these because I wanted to make some to clip onto the baby crochet headbands as a gift for my boyfriend's niece. I ended up with a whole rainbow of different colors and styles.


All you need for materials are artificial flowers, hot glue, felt, and some hair clips (all of these items can be purchased from your local craft store). Instead of learning how to making them, I decided to purchase the crochet headbands for $1 each from a recent craft show I was at, but they are available many places.


Above are all the colors my friend will receive, including 5 different headbands and 10 different flowers (I wanted her to have plenty of options, including three different choices for UT orange!)

To make the clip, I covered it in felt as shown in my previous hair clip tutorial. I also clipped off any excess stem from the back of the flower to try and make it as flat as possible.


I then glued a piece of felt to the back of the flower (this makes a sturdier surface to attach the clip to I think). Then I glued my felt covered clip to the flower back.


Above you can see the finished flower clip. These can be worn in the hair or clipped to the crochet headbands or beanies for babies or young girls. They are so easy and inexpensive to make, you can make one for every outfit! Here are some photos of the rest of the bunch.

(I couldn't help but show off my fun spring time lavender nails in this photo!)





Hopefully with her mother's permission I will be able to post some photos of the beautiful baby girl wearing her new headbands! For those long time blog readers, this is the same sweet baby girl who I made the pink nursery decorations for in one of my first ever blog entries.

Update: See this post for the promised photos!

Please let me know what you think of this project in comments below!

I am off to dream of future craft projects,

*Bonnybee

No comments:

Post a Comment