Tuesday, May 24, 2011

PROJECT: Industrial Necklace Display


Attention: There is only one day left to enter to win the Black Paisley Headband I am giving away so go enter before reading on!


I recently made this super awesome necklace display for my Bonnybee Designs booth and have been loving it so much that I just had to share it with you all. Even if you aren't selling jewelry, you might have enough long necklaces to fill this baby up so in case you would like to make one here is the super easy way to do it.



I can not claim credit for this design as it was shared with me by another generous jewelry seller at a show I went to a few weeks ago. All it is is galvanized pipe pieces from the hardware store. To make it you will need three pieces of galvanized pipe (found in the plumbing section of your local hardware store for about $6 a piece). I used 18" pieces for all three but there are a lot of different sizes so you can vary them based on what look or size you are going for. You need two corner pieces which the poles screw into and two end pieces which the vertical poles screw into and can be secured to a piece of wood on each side to hold it up. Below is a close up of the corner pieces. The corner and end pieces are right next to the sections of pipe and are only a few dollars each.


Assemble your piece and you are all done. You could probably create any concoction of pipes to make a display for whatever you want (I remember seeing a picture somewhere of someone using these as shelves on the wall to stand books on; hmm I will have to go search for that). The more I looked at this display the more psyched I was with it. Another bonus is that it can be easily disassembled if you want to move it or change the shape. Very cool!


Above is a photo of the new display living happily on my booth. I am off to prep a new sewing project but what I am working on is a surprise...until my next post that is.

All my craft love,

*Bonnybee

No comments:

Post a Comment