Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Repurposed Kitchen Drawers

 This is a project that I did awhile ago and absolutely love but haven't posted yet. A few summers ago when my mother was renovating the kitchen in my childhood home I stole some of the rubbish before it was tossed. One thing I salvaged was a few kitchen cabinet drawers. Whenever I keep some kind of trash (which is a lot) my friends and family always think "What in the world is she going to do with that?"And the answer most often than not is -- nothing. I always see some kind of potential but more often than not the piece just clutters up some corner somewhere.

Well for these drawers that was not the case. I hauled these things all the way to Birmingham when we moved, convinced I would find some purpose for them in our new home. Well, when decorating our "white shabby chic bedroom" I was struck with a genius (that is what I am calling it so just go with it) thought. I decided these old drawers would make awesome shabby chic shadow boxes/shelves to put over our matching dressers. I lined the back of the drawers with fabric (burlap for him and white eyelet for her), added some hanging hardware and some accessories and Ta-Dah! Awesome bedroom decor! I am totally in love with them and with the fact that I actually used some of my hoarded rubbish. Check out the pictures below and let me know what you think!



 




****disclaimer: much to my dismay the tops of our dressers have never been this clear again. ever.

So if you ever see some good rubbish that could be refashioned into decor go for it! Or at least send me a text and let me know where I can pick it up...

Until next time,
*Bonnybee




I'm Linking up here:

HouseofHepworths

No comments:

Post a Comment