Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Note Cards

For this Father's Day I wanted to make something as a thoughtful gesture for my Dad. This is a super easy project that you can customize and make for someone in your life. I choose to make note cards that were more manly and literary themed because so many of the note cards out there are feminine and not appropriate for my father, the man behind The Book Shopper.


Materials needed:
- blank note cards
- decorative papers ( I also used old book pages)
- scissors
- Mod Podge or other decoupage medium 
- foam paint brush

I choose a few different shapes (mustache, coffee cup, Pynchon's muted horn, my father's initials) to cut out of decorative paper and layer on top of the book pages. 



To add the papers to the blank note cards I used trusty Mod Podge. I applied a thin layer of Mod Podge then layed down the book pages. Then I added a little bit more and added my chosen design.


Then I put another even coat of Mod Podge over the entire design so it has a sleek finish. Next I let the cards dry overnight.



After drying overnight my cards were a little warped. But no fear, after a few hours under some heavy books they were flattened perfectly.


 After this I just packaged them up and sent them off to arrive by Father's Day! My Dad thoroughly enjoyed them but argues that no one is special enough to receive these custom cards. I don't know if they are that good but leave it to a father to think his daughter's work is special.


This was a fun project to me because my father is such an important person in my life. So if you like the idea, take a night to make some pretty and personal note cards for someone special to you! Let me know if you think you will give it a go!

I would love to hear from y'all,

*Bonnybee

No comments:

Post a Comment