Sunday, March 27, 2011

PROJECT: Fabric Crochet Bracelets


Here is a fun quick accessory to make and all you need to know how to do is a basic single crochet stitch. I cut strips of fabric about an inch wide for this project and used a large crochet hook (I think mine was size P but any huge one you use for big hook crochet will do). I tried using several different fabrics but a few frayed a lot so they didn't work as well. I let the strips fray a little and the bracelets have somewhat of a "shabby chic" look which I like. I ended up with 4 of each gray, turquoise and navy.






To make these bracelets cast on 15 stitches (I made some with just 13 or 14 stitches cast on for smaller wrists). Then join the round and do one round of single crochet stitches. After that cut fabric, weave in ends and enjoy your new bracelet!


Let me know in a comment below if you like this project or plan on trying it yourself! Thanks for reading and make sure to check back in a few days because next I will post a special Creations by Bonnybee crafting challenge,

*Bonnybee

1 comment:

  1. Those are cool. I added them to the Make It . Sew It . Love It site. Thanks for submitting them. Tara

    ReplyDelete