Keep reading to see how I made them. Perhaps you still have time to make some of your own?!
1. Gather materials: Glass jars (I used a pickle jar, a salsa jar and a mason jar. You can use whatever you like, just make sure they have a wide lid and will not fall over when upside down), plastic trees, animals or whatever decoration you want on the inside, silver spray paint, white glitter and a hot glue gun.
2. Spray paint the lids silver.
3. Hot glue your decorations to the inside of the lid. To make my animals and trees better seen I added a few layers of cardboard (from the flap of a box) to the lid with hot glue. I also painted the "ground" white with acrylic paint in case it would be seen when the glitter moves. Both of these extra steps are optional. Let the glue dry.
4. Pour a generous amount of glitter into the jar.
<<CAUTION: DO NOT pick up the jar full of glitter and turn it over to show someone something without the lid on. Seriously this may sound too idiotic to even worry about but please see the photo below to show that it could happen! >>
5. Without spilling the glitter, screw the lid tightly back onto the jar. Shake that snow globe up and enjoy your festiveness!
I am off to celebrate Christmas with friends and family! I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing break.