Monday, April 18, 2011

PROJECT: Cobalt Blue Skirt

Here is the first of my 5 projects to complete for my April Bonnybee Challenge (view this post to see the challenge guidelines). Now some of you might be worried that April is more than half way over but this is only the first of my 5 projects to complete, however some others of you may know...that's just how I work!

Okay on to the skirt. I used a super awesome tutorial from BurdaStyle which I would recommend to anyone who wants to make this skirt. The only changes I made to the pattern was to make this a high waisted skirt, the waistband started as 8" wide and I started with a length of only 25".








So there is my first project completed. I love this bright blue color for spring and will be wearing it with black tank tops, bright yellow shirts and any other color I feel like! So what do you think?

Until my next project,

*Bonnybee

2 comments:

  1. I love how the skirt sits just as I like on your hips, skirts-gone-bad can easily look very outdated and... frumpy. But I love this! The color is gorgeous as well, and... it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Astrid! I find that right under the rib cage can be the most flattering spot to gather an outfit as it is the skinniest part!

    ReplyDelete